Monday, March 19, 2012

Coming soon...

In the interest of posting more, I do have two--excepting hooks and eyes on the harem pants--new costumes done. I don't have good pictures of either; however, I do have pictures! These are for an upcoming Titanic dinner. I'll be leaving for that in 16 days. I feel quite good about having everything done!

First, my take on the Poiret Sorbet dress. Mine has velvet appliques and is a bit more fitted than the original, but it's my dress, and I wanted to be happy with how it looked. All within period ideals still, of course! And no, I won't be wearing a blue t-shirt underneath :)

Poiret Preview!

Next is an outfit with harem pants. The bodice is a simplified version of the 1911 Lady Maud bodice in Patterns of Fashion. I wanted very sheer sleeves, so I don't have all of the support layers.

Done!

The green silk is the most fabulous lightweight practically sheer but taffeta like green and black shot silk that I was lucky enough to find on sale in the garment district many years ago. The rest of it is destined to be a Regency open robe :)

Harem pants!

And these are just too funny. But silk chiffon lined with silk charmeuse? So luxurious...

1 comment: